Before you put your KeySmart SmartCard in your wallet, let’s get it connected to the Apple Find My app.
- Quickly press and release the Find My button toturn on your KeySmart SmartCard.
- Open the Apple Find My app on your iOS device,tap the “+” and select “Add Other Item” from the menu.
- The KeySmart SmartCard will appear on screen. Tap to connect and set a custom name and icon for your card.
Before using your KeySmart SmartCard for the first time, make sure to fully charge the battery using a wireless charging pad.
While charging, the indicator light will be red.When the battery is fully charged, the indicator light will be green.
Features of the Apple Find My app
KeySmart SmartCard works exclusively with the Apple Find My network. The Apple Find My network provides an easy, secure way to locate compatible personal items on a map using the Find My app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. Simply pair your compatible product with the Apple Find My app to view it right alongside your Apple devices. If your item ever goes missing, you can put it in Lost Mode to display a message and contact information to anyone who might find it. The Find My network is encrypted and anonymous, so no one else, not even Apple or the maker of your personal item, can view its location.
How to Enable or Disable the Apple Find My network
If you would like to disable your KeySmart SmartCard from accessing the Find My network, follow the steps below.
- To disable the Find My network, press and hold the Find My button on the Card for 3 seconds. The KeySmart SmartCard will beep twice.
- Press and release the Find My button once. The KeySmart SmartCard will play a tune.
- Press and hold the Find My button for 3 seconds. The KeySmart SmartCard will beep twice to confirm the Find My network has been disabled.
- To enable the Find My network, press and release the Find My button. The KeySmart SmartCard will play a tune to confirm the Find My network is enabled.
How to Perform a Factory Reset
If you would like to unpair your KeySmart SmartCard from your Find My account so that it can be paired to a different Find My account, follow the steps below.
- Open the Find My App, tap the Items tab, and tap your aSmartCard.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Item Detail card, tap Remove Item, and follow the onscreen instructions.
- On the SmartCard, press the Find My button 5 times in quick succession and hold the button on the 5th press.
- The KeySmart SmartCard will play a tune and perform the factory reset.
How To Find The Serial Number
To find your device's serial number, follow the steps below.
- Via the Find My app:
- Open the Find My app, tap the Items tab, and tap your KeySmart SmartCard.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Item Detail card. The serial number is displayed below Manufacturer.
- On the device:
- The serial number is printed on the backside of the KeySmart SmartCard.
To use the Find My app to locate this item, the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, or macOS is recommended.
The Apple Find My network uses advanced encryption to ensure that no one else, not even Apple or KeySmart can view the location of your KeySmart SmartCard.
KeySmart SmartCard is designed to make your life easier. That’s why every KeySmart SmartCard is covered under warranty for one full year against defects in materials and workmanship. To learn more, visit getkeysmart.com/warranty.
Use And Care
KeySmart SmartCard is water-resistant but not waterproof. We encourage you to bring you KeySmart SmartCard along on most of your wild adventures, but deep-sea explorations (and the like) are not recommended. It is not recommended that you expose the KeySmart SmartCard to extreme hot or cold temperatures